One of the most common diseases in men is prostatitis. Its symptoms are often taken seriously, especially when they are mild. And this attitude can eventually lead to more serious consequences. To avoid this, you should carefully monitor your health, especially in older men. Today they talk a lot about this disease, but very often exaggerate or, conversely, underestimate its importance and danger. Let's look at what it actually is, what are the first symptoms of prostatitis in men and what should be done.
What is prostatitis?
To begin with, you need to understand what this disease is. Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate, ie the prostate gland, which is one of the important components of the male reproductive system. It is this organ that ensures the motor activity and viability of sperm. Accordingly, in her diseases and impaired activity there is a decrease in sexual function.
Most often, men are exposed to the disease at the age of 20, and the older a man gets, the greater the risk of the disease. It should be noted that it can occur in both acute and chronic forms, in which the symptoms of prostatitis do not appear.
Among the consequences of the disease are prostate cancer and infertility. Keep in mind that according to statistics, this disease in its chronic form is observed in almost half of men aged 20 to 50 years.
Today, medicine is very closely involved in this issue, given the prostatitis, the symptoms and treatment of the disease. It is treated quite successfully, the only thing that becomes important is the timely diagnosis of the disease. That is why every man, especially after the age of 30, is recommended to visit a doctor for an examination at least once every six months.
Types of disease and manifestation of prostatitis (symptoms)
Depending on what caused the disease and how it progresses, there are only 5 types of this disease:
- Acute prostatitis. This guy is pretty tough. This is the result of bacteria attacking the prostate tissue. The main reason for the manifestation is the neglect of hygiene and other features, which causes inflammation. This type is quite rare and its treatment is carried out in a hospital under the supervision of doctors.
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis. This type occurs in about 30-35% of cases of inflammation. The main danger of this type is that the first symptoms of prostatitis in men do not appear immediately and, moreover, they can disappear spontaneously even without treatment. And then there is a new deterioration with greater force and this can continue indefinitely. There is also a risk of stone formation, development of abscesses and other complications, including the development of cancer.
- Chronic prostatitis is one of the most difficult forms of the disease by diagnosis, as its only manifestation is pain in the pelvic area, which lasts more than 3 months. In this case, nervous system disorders and mental disorders can be observed. The diagnosis in this case can only be made by exclusion, as even tests very often show no signs of inflammation.
- Asymptomatic chronic prostatitis. This form is asymptomatic and can only be detected by urine analysis, as it contains many bacteria and leukocytes during the course of the disease.
- Chronic granulomatous prostatitis. It often manifests itself as a side effect as a result of prostate irradiation and treatment of diseases with medication. This disease is often asymptomatic. In the course of the disease, prostate tissue is replaced by connective tissue, which leads to gland dysfunction.
The main symptoms of prostatitis
For each of the types of diseases you can distinguish your own symptoms, but you can note the symptoms of prostatitis in men for each of the types, namely:
- Problems urinating. This is what is included in the first symptoms of prostatitis in men. Due to inflammation, the urethra is compressed, as a result of which pain, burning and other problems can occur.
- Weakened orgasm and poor erection.
- Accelerate ejaculation during intercourse.
- A sharp decrease in potency or its absence.
- Constant anxiety and psychological depression.
These traits become basic for all species. If you notice that they appear in you, then you should immediately contact a urologist. You can also find out what the symptoms of prostatitis can still be and how to prevent this disease. But consultation with an experienced specialist is simply necessary.
Why does prostatitis occur in men?
If you do not want to feel for yourself all the signs of prostatitis in men and its symptoms, then you need to know the root causes of its manifestation and completely eliminate them. In general, the disease is caused by neglect of health, in particular:
- Inflammation due to exposure to sexually transmitted infections.
- Sedentary lifestyle, often leading to poor circulation.
- Sexual factors (interruption of sexual intercourse, prolonged abstinence, artificial prolongation of PA).
- Immune system problems.
- Prolonged and frequent hypothermia of the body.
- Constant stress.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Ignoring the basic hygiene rules.
- Lack of vitamins in the body.
And other causes that can lead to the disease.
What are the symptoms of prostatitis and its complications?
It has already been mentioned that prostatitis causes many inconveniences in the form of problematic urination, erectile dysfunction, etc. But these are only the first symptoms of prostatitis in men. In cases where the patient does not receive timely medical care, then more serious consequences may occur, in particular:
- If the treatment is neglected for a long time, the prostate will lose its functions and will no longer be able to produce enough secretions, which is why in 40% of cases the disease leads to infertility.
- Self-medication can cause a significant deterioration in immunity, which will worsen the situation.
Therefore, we note that treatment should be performed only under the supervision of an experienced specialist.
Prevention of prostatitis
If you want the manifestation of prostatitis, symptoms and other problems associated with this disease not to affect you, then it is worth taking preventive measures that will help reduce the risk of the disease:
- Follow all rules of personal hygiene.
- Have an active sex life.
- Review your diet for enough protein, vitamins and minerals.
- Worried about increased immunity.
- Reduce stress.
- In case of any manifestations of diseases, treat them in a timely manner.
These simple rules will help you protect yourself. But if you have the first symptoms of prostatitis of the prostate, then you should immediately consult a doctor.